Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tulip Festival


Welcome to the Tulip Festival! It was a little more of a cold Spring day, but we decided to go ahead and brave the cold.




Jill and Hailey came down to visit for the weekend.  Friday afternoon, we went to the Women's Expo for free bread, good shopping deals, as well as enjoyed wandering through tons of jewelry, purses, make-up, and everything else related to being a woman!  We had a wonderful afternoon.  Todd even made a short appearance as he helped carry Maddie with us exploring the exhibits.






 I loved the rainbow colors!







I know Todd enjoyed the festival since he went with his favorite women in his life---mother, wife, niece, and daughter.  
As it started warming up a little and the wind died down, we were able to get Madelyn out of the stroller. 










During our afternoon tour, we had wind, a little bit of rain, clouds, and sunshine---all types of weather to make our visit exciting.







It was so fun to go as a family.




 I know Madelyn loved the flowers.  But I could not tell if she liked looking at them or eating them.  I just hoped that tulips were not dangerous to eat!







We had to make sure to give Todd a few "manly" photos since it was very much a women's weekend.









Last time we were there, we did not see the Secret Garden.  So this was fun to discover a "secret garden".



That Saturday, Thanksgiving Point was having Holland Day.  They had wooden shoes to try on as well as music, vendors, and of course, tons of tulips!  Jill and I had never had a churro, so we stopped and got some. Definitely, not from Holland, but still yummy. 





What a nice outing!

1 comment:

  1. Catherine, I love your blog because I feel like I am able to gain insight about you guys. I love you! And, I am so happy to see that Todd found such a wonderful, loving person to be with. :)

    ReplyDelete