Thursday, February 28, 2013

Valentine's Day






This year, I wanted to enjoy Valentine's Day celebrating all types of love.  Madelyn sent out special Valentines to the people she loves.  She even got a few herself!



At the beginning of February, Maddie and I started our 14 Days of Valentines for Todd.  Each day we hid a love note and sometimes a small treat that goes with it.  By the end of it, I had changed Todd's less than exciting view of Valentines Day and he now is excited for next year!





My favorite thing about this day is that I enjoy how there is a special day to tell the people you love, whether it is a spouse, child, sister, brother, parent, grandparent, or friend that you are thinking of them.  I feel sometimes we know we love these special people in our lives but sometimes forget to take a moment and let them know how much you care about them. 


On the actually 14th Valentine's Day, we had a pancake breakfast together as a family and a pot roast for dinner.  Todd so sweetly surprised me with a lovely rose and chocolates on my pillow.  Also, he hid 14 small notes of what he appreciates about me or loves about me throughout the house.  I found them everywhere---on top of the laundry detergent box, on the kitchen plate, stuck to the milk, under the baby wipes, etc. 





  This year, we are so happy and blessed to have Madelyn in our family to love dearly.




1 comment:

  1. Tell Maddie we LOVED her Valentine card! So cute! I hope we get to see you guys again soon. Love and miss you all. :)

    ReplyDelete