Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thanksgiving

 We enjoyed a relaxingThanksgiving weekend with the Fishers.  Todd and I played football with Alfred and Alaina.  Then, while Todd changed the oil on my car, I went on a walk with Alfred and Alaina as they rode their scooters.  We wanted me to ride too, so we rode double on a scooter. I felt like a kid again.

 Also, I enjoyed reading the book, Covert, the story of a police officer that infiltrated the mob for many years and later became a NBA ref---both jobs with a lot of pressure.  We had a delicious traditional thanksgiving meal, prepared by Roger and Jill as the family gathered together around the table.  Todd said he was grateful for his full-time job that he enjoys so much.  I was grateful for a good year of health, peace, and happiness.

 That Saturday, we headed to Ogden for the Christmas Lights Parade.  I had never been to a night parade, but if you bundle up, it's not too bad.

Alfred's favorite part was the Star Wars characters.
 
 Once Santa arrives from the parade to the park, he lights up the Christmas light village and then shoots off fireworks.  Below Todd is admiring the fireworks.  After the fireworks, we were all cold and hungry, so Roger treated us to a yummy Chuck-a-Rama dinner to warm us right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment